Software defined networking - bare metal switch
Advanced SDN Switch offering 10/40 Gigabit Ethernet Performance in 1U Top-of-Rack Solution
Layer 2/3 Ethernet Switch leads the way as Supermicro enters the Open Networking arena. Open Networking provides customers with the ability to maximize the efficient and flexible use of valuable data center resources while providing an ideal platform for managing and maintaining those resources in a manner in tune with the needs of the organization.
Offering forty-eight 10-Gigabit Ethernet ports, the SSE-X3648S allows connectivity to 10GEservers, routers, and backbones. It also offers six ports operating at 40Gbps for access to high-speed backbone networks or storage servers. The 1U form factor gives users the ability to optimize deployment in standalone or top-of-rack environments. A rail kit facilitates rack-mounting installations. A reverse-airflow model, the SSE-X3648SR, is available for use in large data centers with alternating hot and cold equipment aisles. These switches are ideal for deployment in Data Center, Cloud and Enterprise environments with the capability of handling access for the most demanding applications.
Pre-loaded with the Open Network Installation Environment (ONIE), the SSE-X3648S/R is ready for your networking operating system of choice. Supermicro recommends the use of Cumulus Linux on the SSE-X3648S. Cumulus Linux is an OS for open networking incorporating a true Linux distribution with extensive networking features plus hardware acceleration of routing and switching functions. By using many of the same tools employed for servers, Cumulus Linux enables affordable scalability with clear CapEx savings and even greater OpEx savings; it unleashes rapid innovation via custom, open source or commercial Linux tools and applications.
The first, true Linux OS for data center networking
Cumulus Networks is transforming networking with the industry’s first, full-featured Linux operating system for networking hardware. As application requirements continue to grow, businesses are looking for ways to scale data center operations, including more efficient automation and monitoring of agile, resilient and fast networks in a cost-efficient manner.
Zstor combines bare metal switches from Supermicro with proven and innovative open networking OS von Cumulus Networks
- Port Attributes::
- 48x Ten-Gigabit Ethernet ports - SFP+
- 6x Forty-Gigabit Ethernet ports - QSFP+
- RJ-45 (for console cable)
- RJ-45 1G Ethernet Management Port
- Switching Capacity: 1440 Gbps
- Broadcom Trident II Switch Chip
- Wire-speed Layer 3 Routing
- 1:1 Non-blocking connectivity
- Intel Rangeley CPU
- 4G DRAM
- 16G SSD
- Cumulus Linux Ready
- Redundant Hot-pluggable 460W Power Supplies
- AC Input: 100-127/200-240 V, 50/60 Hz
- Power Consumption: 305 Watts
- Regular and Reverse Airflow Models
- 1U form factor for flexible installation
- Weight: Net weight: 10.13kg (22.29 lb with 2 PSUs)
- Size (W x D x H):
433.8 x 550 x 44 mm (17.07 x 21.6 x 1.73 inches)
- Temperature: Operating 0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)
- Humidity: Operating: 5% to 95% (non-condensing)
- Bare metal
- Mounting Rails (included)