The Zstor GridServer GS-312 product series are designed from scratch as ideal system for highly flexible-to-use platform in Software Defined Storage applications. Depending on the requirements the Zstor GridServer is equipped with one or two original Intel® Xeon® processors of the current E2600v4 family. The internal memory is expandable up to 1.5 TB at 2400 MHZ of fast DDR4 RAM modules. Available are also eight PCI-e x8, and x16 expansion slots, for high-performance LAN-interfaces cards up to 100 Mb/s, high speed PCI-e flash drives or SAS-12G high performance cards for storage management or expansion. A State-of-the-Art 12G SAS backplane is available and depending on the project requirements it can be fitted with 2.5" or 3.5" disk slots. This allows a combination with flash-drives, datacenter class SSDs, and enterprise class hard drives to offer multi-tiering storage to applications.
Flexible and Scalable I/O Options with up to 8 PCI-E card slots in x16 or x8 flavour give you the flexibility for different use cases from Storage Server, High Performance Computing, Virtualisation Server or others. The sophisticated Remote Management capabilities makes the server the best choice for cloud and hosting providers, that manage their datacenter abroad.
Features & Benefits
- Energy efficient single/dual CPU system in compact 2U rackmount
- Use of current Intel® Xeon® CPUs with latest Intel® chipset
- Eight PCI-e Gen3 x8 and x16 expansion slots
- 1.5TB DDR4 2400 MHz RAM in 24 DIMM slots
- Two additional hot swap OS drive bays, rear side
- 12bay, 16bay or 24bay hot swap drive carrier depending on configuration
- Dual, redundant hot swap power supply with 80PLUS Platinum energy efficiency
- Easy to Maintain and Service Friendly by Design
- All Server Components are swappable for exchange in the field
- Tool-less Changeable Disk Carriers, ideal for the Remote Datacenter
- Easy remote management of IPMI 2.0 (including KVM and media redirection support)
- Tailor-made Server Customisation to your Use Case
Certified for Microsoft Windows Storage Spaces
Storage solutions in the field of Microsoft Windows Server 2016 or the proven Windows Server 2012R2 are becoming increasingly popular in datacenters. The Zstor GridServer recommended here for use in a storage cluster as well as storage heads in SOFS solutions (scale out file server). As a certified storage server for Microsoft Windows Server and also Windows Storage Spaces, the Zstor GridServer can manage not only the internal storage pools, but also all connected, certified for Windows Storage Spaces SAS JBOD expansion units. For a fast connection to the high-speed network ethernet HBAs are available with up to 100 Mb/s, also supporting here direct access to the data via RDMA.
GridServer for Linux and virtualization environments
In Linux, the Zstor GridServer is a recommended system. Most datacenters estimate the flexible configuration options that meet exactly the requirements both in terms of performance and price. The simple management of the separate IPMI 2.0 interface optimized centralized management as well as the services frankly design, especially the easy to change motherboard tray is appreciated. The necessary internal approvals for use with all popular Linux derivatives, like Ubuntu, SuSE, RedHat, CentOS, or ZFS OSes like NexentaStor and OmniOS, are performed. For server virtualization within Microsoft HyperV, VMware or Proxmox configurations are available to support up to 44 hardware CPU cores providing the necessary performance.